Mental Health Services Act
Proposition 63 / Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)
Welcome to Merced County's Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) page.
What is MHSA?
Purpose: MHSA (or Proposition 63) was approved by voters in 2004. This Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million in order to increase county mental health funding. MHSA is focused on creating an innovative mental health system that promotes wellness, recovery, and resiliency while decreasing stigma. Services are culturally competent, easier to access, and more effective in preventing and treating serious mental illness. Please select to view the latest version of the Amended MHSA as revised 01/04/18.
MHSA is based on 5 essential elements:
- Cultural Competence
- Community Collaboration
- Consumer and Family Driven Services
- Focus on Wellness, Recovery and Resiliency
- An Integrated Services Experience
MHSA is implemented through five (5) main Components:
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Visit the Training Schedule Page to see the list of upcoming BHRS trainings and to download the flyer or registration form.
- MHSA partners with Merced College to provide free Psychosocial Rehabilitation courses each semester. For Fall 2018 Modules 1 and 3 are being offered:
- MHSA partners with Public Health to provide Health Education classes, workshops and trainings aimed to improve both mental and physical health. View the calendar of upcoming classes:
- Visit the Spiritual Wellness and Recovery Conference page to see photos from the 4th Annual Conference held on Saturday, July 14, 2018.
- Visit the MHSA Events and Campaigns Page to access recent event photos and learn more about these educational and inspiring events.
- Visit the MHSA Artwork Page to view more inspiring and creative consumer and community artwork.
Recent MHSA Plans, Updates and Reports
- Program Update to the 2017-2020 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan (Reversion/Reallocation)-FINAL (Adopted 08/17/2018)
- 2017-2020 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan - FINAL (Adopted 12/19/2017)
- 2016-2017 MHSA PEI Annual Program and Evaluation Report (1st Annual)
- 2016-2017 MHSA Innovation Annual Project Report (1st Annual)
Visit the MHSA Plans, Updates and Reports page to view recent and historical MHSA program and fiscal documents.