Mental Health Services Act
Welcome to Merced County’s Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) page.
What is MHSA?
Purpose: MHSA (or Proposition 63) was approved by voters in 2004. This Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million in order to increase county mental health funding. MHSA is focused on creating an innovative mental health system that promotes wellness, recovery, and resiliency while decreasing stigma. Services are culturally competent, easier to access, and more effective in preventing and treating serious mental illness. Please select to view the latest version of the Amended MHSA as revised 01/27/2020
MHSA is based on 5 essential elements:
- Cultural Competence
- Community Collaboration
- Consumer and Family Driven Services
- Focus on Wellness, Recovery and Resiliency
- An Integrated Services Experience
MHSA is implemented through five (5) main Components:
Latest News and Upcoming Events
30-Day Public Review and Comment Period
Merced County's 2020-2021 to 2022-2023 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan is posted for 30-day public review and comment period. Please utilize the Public Comment Form to submit comments.
• Public Comment Form
A Public Hearing will be held on October 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. by the Merced County Behavioral Health Board to consider approval of the 2020-2021 to 2022-2023 MHSA Three-Year Plan. The Public Hearing will be held via teleconference and will be open to the public. To join the teleconference call 1-408-419-1715 and enter Meeting ID 851-906-656 #.
Suicide Prevention Month Drive-Thru Event
Please join us on September 29, 2020 for a Mental Health and Wellness Drive-Thru Resource Event in honor of Suicide Prevention Month.
The event will be held from 4 P.M. to 6 P.M. at 301 East 13th Street, Merced, California, in the parking lot on the 15th Street side of the building. The event will include suicide prevention resources, information about health and wellness workshops, free t-shirts, backbacks, and snacks (while supplies last).
This is a socially distanced outreach event and masks are required. Contact (866) 626-6472 for more information.
- September is Suicide Prevention Month. View or download the Proclamation and visit the Suicide Prevention Page to learn more about our ongoing initiative and view photos from past events.
- Visit the MHSA Events and Campaigns Page to access recent event photos and learn more about these educational and inspiring events.
- Visit the MHSA Artwork Page to view more inspiring and creative consumer and community artwork.
Recent MHSA Plans, Updates, and Reports
- Program Update to the 2019-2020 MHSA Annual Update (Adopted 5/19/2020)
- 2019-2020 MHSA Annual Update (Adopted 03/31/2020)
- 2018-2019 MHSA Innovation Annual Project Report (Year 1)
- 2018-2019 MHSA Annual Revenue and Expenditure Report (ARER)
- 2018-2019 MHSA Annual Update (Adopted 01/29/2019)
- Program Update to the 2017-2020 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan (Reversion/Reallocation) - FINAL (Adopted 08/17/2018)
- 2017-2020 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan - FINAL (Adopted 12/19/2017)
Visit the MHSA Plans, Updates, and Reports page to view recent and historical MHSA program and fiscal documents.