Mental Health Services Act
Welcome to Merced County's Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) page.
What is MHSA?
Purpose: MHSA (or Proposition 63) was approved by voters in 2004. This Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million in order to increase county mental health funding. MHSA is focused on creating an innovative mental health system that promotes wellness, recovery, and resiliency while decreasing stigma. Services are culturally competent, easier to access, and more effective in preventing and treating serious mental illness. Please select to view the latest version of the Amended MHSA as revised 01/04/18.
MHSA is based on 5 essential elements:
- Cultural Competence
- Community Collaboration
- Consumer and Family Driven Services
- Focus on Wellness, Recovery and Resiliency
- An Integrated Services Experience
MHSA is implemented through five (5) main Components:
- Community Services and Supports (CSS)
- Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI)
- Innovation (INN)
- Workforce, Education and Training (WET)
- Capital Facilities and Technological Needs (CFTN)
Latest News and Upcoming Events
2019 Spiritual Wellness and Recovery Conference
Mark your calendars for the 5th Annual Spiritual Wellness and Recovery Conference, to be held on Saturday, July 20, 2019 at the Christian Life Center located at 650 East Olive Avenue in Merced, California.
Click on the flyer to view the Save the Date flyer in PDF.
Check back here for Event Registration information.
- The 2019 May is Mental Health Awareness Month and MHSA Outcomes Event was held on May 15, 2019, with 204 attendees. Visit the May Event Page to view photos from the event and to learn more about this amazing day.
- Visit the Training Schedule Page to see the list of upcoming BHRS trainings and to download the flyer or registration form.
- MHSA partners with Public Health to provide Health Education classes, workshops and trainings aimed to improve both mental and physical health. Click here to view Public Health's calendar of upcoming classes.
- Visit the Suicide Prevention Page to learn more about our ongoing initiative and view photos from Suicide Prevention Month.
- Visit the MHSA Events and Campaigns Page to access recent event photos and learn more about these educational and inspiring events.
- Visit the MHSA Artwork Page to view more inspiring and creative consumer and community artwork.
Recent MHSA Plans, Updates, and Reports
- 2018-2019 MHSA Annual Update (Adopted 01/29/2019)
- Program Update to the 2017-2020 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan (Reversion/Reallocation) - FINAL (Adopted 08/17/2018)
- 2017-2020 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan - FINAL (Adopted 12/19/2017)
- 2016-2017 MHSA PEI Annual Program and Evaluation Report (1st Annual)
- 2016-2017 MHSA Innovation Annual Project Report (1st Annual)
Visit the MHSA Plans, Updates, and Reports page to view recent and historical MHSA program and fiscal documents.