Roster of Public Agencies
Roster Of Public Agencies
The Merced County Clerk / Recorder Office is required to establish and maintain a Roster of Public Agencies.
Pursuant to Government Code Section: 53051:
- Within seventy (70) days after the date of commencement of its legal existence, the governing body of each public agency shall file with the Secretary of State on a form prescribed by the Secretary of State and also with the county clerk of each county in which the public agency maintains an office, a statement of the following facts:
- The full, legal name of the public agency.
- The official mailing address of the governing body of the public agency.
- The name and residence or business address of each member of the governing body of the public agency.
- The name, title, and residence or business address of the chairman, president, or other presiding officer, and clerk or secretary of the governing body of such public agency.
- Within 10 days after any change in the facts required to be stated pursuant to subdivision (a), an amended statement containing the information required by subdivision (a) shall be filed as provided therein. The information submitted to the Secretary of State shall be on a form prescribed by the Secretary of State.
- It shall be the duty of the Secretary of State and of the county clerk of each county to establish and maintain an indexed "Roster of Public Agencies," to be so designated, which shall contain all information filed as required in subdivisions (a) and (b), which roster is hereby declared to be a public record.
The Secretary of State form can be accessed at: Roster of Public Agencies Form Any information that has changed should be updated and forwarded to the two addresses as follows:
Merced County Clerk-Recorder
2222 M Street
Merced, California 95340
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 942870
Sacramento, CA 94277-2870