A check is ineligible if:
- It is post-dated.
- Both parties knew there were insufficient funds at the time of transaction.
- It is an out-of-state, two party, government, or payroll check.
- The check involves an extension of credit, or was payment on an account.
- The identity of the check writer is unknown.
- There is no amount or signature on the check.
Checks ineligible for the Bad Check Restitution Program may be pursued via the small claims court process or by a private collection agency.