Merced County California

Go To Site Search
Cutting Your Losses
Steps to Cutting Your Losses
  • Make personal contact with the check writer; if you are unsuccessful, send a certified notice. The check writer has 10 days to respond and remit payment.
  • If you do not hear from the check writer or receive payment, simply contact the Bad Check Restitution Program at (800) 830-1058 for a report form.
  • Fill out the report form, attach originals (you retain photocopies) of all checks and notification documents, such as return receipts and bank returned-check notices, and mail to:



Merced Police Department 611 West 22nd St.
Merced, CA 95344
Livingston Police Department 1446 C St.
Livingston, CA 95534
Atwater Police Department Atwater Civic Center
750 Bellevue Rd.
Atwater, CA 95301
Merced County Sheriff's Department 700 West 22nd St.
Merced, CA 95340
Los Banos Police Department 945 Fifth St.
Los Banos, CA 93635
Gustine Police Department 682 Third Ave.
Gustine, CA 95322
Dos Palos Police Department 1546 Golden Gate Ave.
Dos Palos, CA 93620

Report forms are also available at the above agencies.

Merced County 2222 M Street Merced, CA 9543 Ph. (209) 385-7434 Toll Free (800) 226-6452
striving for excellence