Emergency Medical Care Committee (EMCC)
Agendas & Minutes
- Meetings are held a minimum of four times a year
- Time and place are specified by the chairman
Agendas are available prior to meetings.
Archived View All
The EMCC functions as an advisory committee to both the Board of Supervisors
and the EMS Agency
on matters pertaining to the delivery of emergency medical services.
The EMCC is composed of 21 voting members, three of which are designated by position:
- County Fire Chief or his/her designee
- Local Director of the Office of Emergency Services
- County Health Officer
The Board of Supervisors
has appointed a member from the County Board and each Supervisor has appointed one public representative. The remaining positions are filled according to the following distribution:
- Emergency room physicians
- Ambulance company representatives, each representing a separate ambulance service
- Emergency services educator
- Law enforcement representative
- Hospital representative
- ED nurse
- Emergency medical technician
- California Highway Patrol representative
The Director of Public Health and the Medical Director of the EMS Agency serve as ex-officio members of the committee.