Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Team
If you or your organization would like more information on the Merced County Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Team, call (209) 381-1260. Merced County EMS Personnel who need to speak to someone right away can page the CISM Team Coordinator at (209) 675-5305.
CISM is a wide range of programs and intervention strategies that have been designed to prevent stress in emergency personnel and to assist them in managing and recovering from significant stress should they encounter it at their work.
These services are confidential to protect the participants and foster an atmosphere of open communication. CISM includes, but is not limited to:
- Pre-incident education and trauma immunization programs
- One-on-one crisis intervention
- Critical incident stress debriefing
- Family and significant others support programs
- Stress management and trauma management education programs
- Peer support programs
- On-scene support processes
- Informal group discussion