Your child may be eligible if he or she meets all four of the following requirements:
- Age - Your child must be under 21 years of age.
- Residence - Your child must be a permanent resident of Merced County.
- Income - Your family income must be less than $40,000 per year, according to the adjusted gross income on your California income taxes. The following exceptions apply:
- A child may be eligible when the family income is more than $40,000 if the medical care for the child's CCS condition is expected to cost the family more than 20% of the family's income.
- If your child is adopted, your income will not matter.
- There is no financial eligibility requirement for diagnostic or therapy services.
- Medical Conditions - Only certain conditions are eligible for CCS. In general, CCS covers medical conditions that are physically disabling or require medical, surgical, or rehabilitative services.
- There also may be certain criteria that determine if your child's medical condition is eligible. View the medical conditions for more information.
For more information, contact the California Children Services Program at (209) 381-1114.