The County Clerk's office has many varied responsibilities, which include:
Effective January 1, 2014, the following fees have increased:
- Issues public and confidential marriage licenses
- Performs civil ceremonies
- Provide certified copies of confidential marriage licenses
- Marriage applications are available on our Online Services page.
- Passport applications - see U.S. Passport Agency
- Fictitious Business Names (FBNs) - File Fictitious Business Name Statements as required by the California Business and Professions Code
- Notary Public Registrations
- Registers notary public oaths and commissions
- Accepts notary bonds for filing
- Maintains records of those filed
- Certifies to the authenticity of a notary
- Statement of Economic Interests - Form 700
- The Marriage License fee has increased from $60 to $61
- The Marriage Certificate fee has increased from $14 to $15.
Our office no longer accepts checks as payment except for recordings of documents. Credit and debit card payments can be accepted in our office.