The County Clerk's office has many varied responsibilities, which include:
- Issues public and confidential marriage licenses
- Performs civil ceremonies
- Provide certified copies of confidential marriage licenses
- Marriage applications are available on our Online Services page.
- Passport applications - see U.S. Passport Agency
- Fictitious Business Names (FBNs) - File Fictitious Business Name Statements as required by the California Business and Professions Code
- Notary Public Registrations
- Registers notary public oaths and commissions
- Accepts notary bonds for filing
- Maintains records of those filed
- Certifies to the authenticity of a notary
- Statement of Economic Interests - Form 700
Our office no longer accepts checks as payment except for recording of documents. Credit and debit card payments can be accepted in our office.
Our office will be closed on Thursday, December 25, 2014, January 1, 2015 and January 19, 2015 in observance of the holidays.
Abbreviated operating hours will be in effect on December 26, 2014 and January 2, 2015. The office will be open from 8:00 am to 11:00 am on these days.