General Flu Information for the 2015-16 Flu Season Influenza (Flu) activity is beginning to increase throughout most of the United States, including Merced County.
This year, flu vaccinations are being recommended for anyone over the age of six (6) months old and unlike last year, only a single type of flu vaccination (by injection/shot) will be needed to get the best protection against the flu.
Below are some very effective ways to help protect against getting infected with flu and from severe illness due to becoming infected with the flu.
• Frequent hand-washing or use of alcohol-based hand cleaners;
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, as germs spread this way;
• Avoid close contact with sick people, especially people with influenza-like illnesses;
• Get vaccinated with this year’s flu vaccine.
• To protect others, cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze and cough, and throw used tissues away immediately.
2015-2016 Community Flu Vaccine News Release 09/28/2015