Merced County California

Go To Site Search
Judge's Determination for Restitution?
How Does the Judge Determine the Correct Amount for a Restitution Order?

The District Attorney's office or your county probation department should tell the judge how much the offender owes you.

Every County has a Criminal Restitution Department.  The Criminal Restitution Specialist will work with you to calculate the correct amount of restitution owed to you and will make sure the information about your losses gets to the judge.

In the event the District Attorney's Office should send you any questionnaires or forms to complete concerning losses you may have incurred, it is critical that you complete and return all forms as soon as possible.  Often the District Attorney is dealing with a very short window of opportunity. 

To view and print a copy of the Restitution Request Form click here.

Merced County 2222 M Street Merced, CA 9543 Ph. (209) 385-7434 Toll Free (800) 226-6452
striving for excellence