Lake Yosemite Boating Rules
- The California Harbors and Navigation Code will be observed at all times on Lake Yosemite.
- All vessels must be equipped with a U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket for each person on board.
- No person shall operate any craft under the influence of intoxicants or narcotics.
- Persons under 16 years of age are prohibited from operating any motorboat or personal watercaraft of more than 15 horsepower.
- A person 12-15 years of age may operate a motorboat of more than 15 horsepower if supervised by a person on board who is at least 18 years of age.
- All boat traffic and boats towing skiers and personal watercraft will operate in a counter clockwise traffic pattern
- All powerboats and personal watercraft must be off the lake waters by 1/2 hour before sunset.
- All sailboats must be off the lake waters by one hour after sunset, provided they display appropriate night navigational lighting and/or markers in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard Regulations and the California Harbors and Navigation Code.
- A No Wake Zone is between the launch ramp and the Slow 5 MPH buoys.
- No boats are allowed between the shoreline and the Keep Out buoys.
- The boat launching fee is $50 per year or $6 per day.
- Swimming is not permitted in No Boating and No Wake areas.