Merced County Regional Enterprise Zone
Designation: December 16, 2006
Ending: December 31, 2013
Designated by the State of California, the Merced County Regional Enterprise Zone promotes business investment and job creation within the 42,730 acres of commercial/industrial and permitted agricultural zoned areas of Merced County and the Cities of Atwater, Dos Palos, Gustine, Livingston, Los Banos and Merced. Businesses located at qualified addresses are eligible for tax saving benefits.
Tax Credits and Benefits:
- Hiring Credits - Firms can earn up to $37,440 (Based on current minimum wage of $8.00/hr) or more in state tax credits for each qualified employee hired.
- Up to 100% Net Operating Loss (NOL) carry forward. NOL may be carried forward fifteen years;
- Corporations can earn sales tax credits on purchases of $20 million per year of qualified machinery and machinery parts;
- Up-front expensing of certain depreciable property. Lenders to Zone businesses may receive a net interest deduction;
- Unused tax credits can be applied to future tax years, stretching out the benefit of the initial investment; and
- Enterprise Zone companies can earn preference points on state contracts.
To view the map or to verify an address, visit www.mercedregionalez.com or call the Merced County Regional Enterprise Zone Manager at 209.724.2027.