Merced County California

Go To Site Search
Frequently Asked Questions  (FAQs)

1. How do I get my drivers license back?
You may pay your fine in full with certified funds to have your drivers license released. Payment options include cash, money order, cashier's check, or credit card. Upon payment in full, Revenue & Reimbursement will process an electronic release to DMV. This process could take up to 72 hours.

2. What should I do if I feel that I have already paid this account?
If you believe that you have already paid this account, simply provide proof of payment, such as front and back of canceled check or receipt indicating a docket number or case number in question. We will be happy to research your inquiry.

3. Why is the Franchise Tax Board garnishing my wages?
Revenue & Reimbursement participates in the California Franchise Tax Board’s Court-ordered Debt program to collect delinquent fines, penalties, forfeitures, restitution and most Vehicle Code violations. FTB’s records include wage information on all California employees. FTB levies against wages and bank accounts to collect delinquent court ordered debts for the counties and courts.

4. I thought the Public Defender was free. Why are you billing me?
Court appointed counsel services are not free in the County of Merced. The defendant receiving Public Defender representation is required to pay according to his/her ability to reimburse the County for the attorney service.

5. Why am I not receiving my bill?
The computer only generates statements when you are current on your payments. To ensure proper delivery of statements, please make sure we have your correct mailing address.

6. Why did I receive a notice from The Franchise Tax Board that my tax refund was intercepted?
Our office has an agreement with the State of California Franchise Tax Board to recover any past due amounts owed to Merced County. If you received a notice from the state that they intercepted your state tax refund or attached your bank account that means that we have submitted your name to the state because you have not paid a debt that was owed to Merced County.

7. Why do I have several different account numbers?
Each charge is assigned a different account number and then put into a single packet of accounts for each person. Any of the account numbers under your name are valid and may be used to research your entire account history.

Merced County 2222 M Street Merced, CA 9543 Ph. (209) 385-7434 Toll Free (800) 226-6452
striving for excellence