Law Library Director
670 West 22nd St.
Ph: (209) 385-7332
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 12 p.m. / 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 pm
8:00 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
- Information and limited reference services for walk-in patrons and over the telephone.
- CD-ROMs and Westlaw. Interlibrary loan with the California State Law Library.
- Photocopies—cost 25¢ per page.
- Typewriter available.
- 17,295 volumes, California and Federal cases, statutes, treatises, and periodicals.
- California legislative bills, statutes, and annotated codes, which are frequently consulted for current authority and legislative history.
- Current practice materials.
- CD-ROMs, including: LawDesk-California Cases, Witkins, California Jurisprudence, Miller & Starr Real Estate, Shepards Citations for California and Federal, Barclays’ California Code of Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations. Opinions of the California Attorney General.
- City Ordinances for Merced, Atwater, Los Banos, and Dos Palos. Merced County Ordinances.
- Nolo Press, “How to do your own…divorce, landlord/tenant, child support modification, guardianship, small claims, bankruptcy, and probate,” self-help books.
Who May Use?
All county residents. Local attorneys may borrow designated titles. Services can be accessed best by coming into the library, or receive limited information over the telephone.