The Merced County Victim / Witness Assistance Program is designed to fulfill the following long-term goals:
- To alleviate the trauma of criminal assault and victimization by providing crisis intervention services to victims
- To provide appropriate and necessary services to victims of all types of crimes on an emergency basis
- To maintain a cooperative relationship with community organizations, law enforcement, and state agencies, taking into account the multi-cultural and multi-lingual nature of Merced County
- To educate the community, the justice system and law enforcement agencies about the needs of victims and the services provided by the Victim / Witness Assistance Center
- To advocate the protection of witnesses and victims and keep them properly informed about significant case developments as they occur
For more information on these goals, call (209) 385-7385.