For additional information on any of these services, call (209) 385-7385.
The Victim / Witness Assistance Program provides the following services:
- Court escorts - Accompanying a witness to court
- Case status and disposition information - Notifying witnesses as the case progresses of the status and final disposition of the case
- Assistance and services as needed - Providing guidance and referrals to agencies that can provide needed assistance
- Crisis intervention - Counseling, reassurance, and support following the crime
- Orientation to the criminal justice system - Explaining the criminal justice system, including information about individual cases
- Community resource and referral counseling - Directing victims to community resources that can be of further assistance to them