Merced County California
Can I report a crime to the District Attorney's Office?
In most cases, a crime must be reported to the law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction over the city or county where the crime occurred. However, there are exceptions, for example, if you wish to report someone for WELFARE FRAUD, you may call the Welfare Fraud tip line at 72-FRAUD (723-7283) or if you wish to call the GANG UNIT tip line, you may call 381-5682.

District Attorney

Show All Answers

1. Can I report a crime to the District Attorney's Office?
2. I am the victim of a crime and I want to drop charges. Can I do this?
3. I was the victim of a violent crime and need assistance with paying medical, funeral, mental health, income or other related losses. Where can I get this assistance?
4. I have to testify in court and it is making me very anxious. I am concerned about not knowing what to expect. Who can I talk to about my concerns?
5. How can I lodge a complaint against your office?
6. How can I file a complaint involving another law enforcement agency?

Merced County 2222 M Street Merced, CA 9543 Ph. (209) 385-7434 Toll Free (800) 226-6452
striving for excellence