Permit Renewal

On November 13, 2017, Merced County Department of Agriculture started to issue and renew permits for the 2018 growing season. Please check the expiration date in the upper right-hand corner of your permit to determine if it expires at the end of 2017.  If your permit expires December 31, 2017, please follow the instructions below.  If your permit does not expire, please review it for accuracy (crops, pesticides, contacts, etc.) and contact us if any changes need to be made.  Please make sure that the permit is accurate before applying pesticides to avoid any potential violations.


1.  Submit permit renewal form or a COPY OF THE OLD PERMIT WITH CHANGES

2.  Submit updated maps with surrounding crops, and sensitive sites

If you plan on applying pesticides in January or February, please complete the Permit Renewal Application Form and return it along with any associated paperwork as soon as possible or your pesticide applications may be delayed. Merced County Offices will be closed for holidays on the following days: November 23 and 24, 2017; December 25, 2017;  and January 1 and 15, 2018. 
To renew your permit, we are requiring that you do the following:


__1. Review your current permit.  Are there any changes that have occurred or that you wish to make for the new growing season? Do you have any changes that affect your current permit information: maps, sites, pesticides, spray companies, dealers, PCAs, or your authorized representative? Please make sure all contacts such as spray companies, dealers, etc., are listed on your permit or it may affect their ability to access the permit system (CalAgPermits) on your behalf.


__2. Submit the changes along current with maps for the current growing season. The preferred method to submit changes is on a copy of the current permit, by striking out and adding the 2018 growing season information.  Include new sites/fields which are new to the upcoming growing season. On the maps, please indicate the direction (north, south, etc), the nearest crossroads, distance from roads, site borders, acres, commodities and crops per site, the site I.D., wells, housing, animal enclosures, surrounding crops,  and sensitive sites (such as schools, hospitals, etc.).  Please make sure that there is a good contact phone number with your paperwork.


__3. Private Applicator Certificate (PAC-brown card) is required for a Restricted Material Permit. PAC cards that have the last name beginning with letters R-Z will expire Dec 31, 2017. To renew your PAC card, you need six hours of continuing education (C.E.).  A minimum of two of those hours must be Laws and Regulations. These hours must be completed by Dec 31, 2017, or you must pass the renewal exam, which is by appointment only.  The deadline for PAC card renewal with C.E. hours completed before December 31, 2017 is March 31, 2018.  You will need to renew your expired PAC card before you are allowed to renew your restricted materials permit.


__4. Grower files will be reviewed to verify that pesticide use reports have been submitted as required for the renewal process.


__5. Do you have a new authorized representative for the upcoming season? An authorized representative is someone who you designate to make permit changes or interact with our office on your behalf. Written authorization is required.



Upon receiving your paperwork by mail, fax, email, or hand delivery to our office, we will call you when your permit is complete and ready to be signed. Depending on the extent of your permit, our biologists will review and complete your renewal as quickly as possible. If you should have any questions, please call our office and speak with our staff. Or email our office.

 Permit Renewal Forms: